We are a not for profit Registered charity number: 1148519
We are a not for profit Registered charity number: 1148519
In order to keep the children, staff and parents associated with Rotherfield Village Pre-School safe during the current COVID-19 outbreak, the following procedures must be adhered to:
1. Wearing a face mask is now mandatory (unless exempt) from the approach to and leaving pre-school until the car park is reached, at a minimum
2. Please walk across the field and form a queue starting on the path that leads from the football HQ building.
3. A member of staff will greet you one at a time from within the gated area at the front of the pre-school.
4. Please walk up the drive past the scout hut to ensure a one-way system.
5. If your child is unable to walk into pre-school independently then either:
- a member of staff will come and take your child from you offering a cuddle (both you and the member of staff will need to be wearing a face mask)
- or if you feel this would be to distressing for your child then you can opt to take them home again
- we will not forcibly take children from their parents as we feel that this is more distressing for the child. We will work with parents in whatever way we can to help the child to come in, which may be asking parents to come to the setting with the child after hours for example, in order to make the transition in easier.
6. Staff and children wash their hands-on arrival. They will also wash hands before and after food, after using the toilet, if they sneeze or cough and when coming in from outside activities and at the end of the day before going home.
7. Please bring with you a packed lunch, water bottle, sun hat and change of clothes (all clearly labelled). If your child arrives without one of these, you will be asked to go home and get it.
8. Sun cream MUST be applied at home in the mornings, and we will then re-apply at lunch time. Staff will be washing their hands in between each child. The sun cream we are using is Tesco soleil kids, factor 50. Please let us know if you will be providing a different on for your child due to allergies or sensitive skin.
9. We have put a strict cleaning and hand washing regime in place, meaning toys, equipment and surfaces will be cleaned during the day and at the end of each session. Staff and children will be following the hand washing procedures.
10. We have reduced the number of resources available to children, we have limited soft toys, blankets, rugs, or soft furnishings. Toys will be changed on a rota basis.
11. Where possible we intend to make the most of being outside for all parts of the day. Please ensure your child has the appropriate clothing for this.
12. We will be using the outdoor spaces around us to take the children outside as much as possible. We will continue to risk assess all of our trips out and about, considering the risk of meeting other’s outside of the pre-school ‘bubble’.
13. Windows and external door to the decking are open during the day to allow a flow of fresh air. Please ensure your child is appropriately dressed for this.
14. At the end of the day, please follow the same procedure as in the morning, wear a face covering, walk across the field and form a queue, a member of staff will bring the children out one at a time. Once you have your child, please walk up the driveway to the car park, ensuring a one-way system is kept. Please be patient with us as this is going to take more time than usual.
15. Where possible if parents could call the pre-school to discuss anything they need to throughout the day, as we will be limited on time at drop off and pick up.
16. We cannot guarantee that Rotherfield Village Pre-School will NOT be affected by a case of COVID-19. We will be doing everything that we can to minimise the risks, but this will not prevent the virus being brought into the setting.
17. We will not be allowing visitors in the setting – the only exception to this will be if:
· we need tradespeople to complete essential maintenance work.
· visits from prospective parents will be after normal pre-school hours.
18. Parents of new start children will be able to stay with their child for a settling in session.
19. We are now able to carry out educational trips/ visits.
20. Before a child attends the setting, we will require parents/ carers to sign a parent/ carer agreement.
21. If you have travelled abroad – even to an area that is UK quarantine ‘free’ - or to an area in the UK with a local lockdown, please note that we will be unable to have your child back in the setting for a clear 10 days following your return home.
22. If your child attends another setting, then you MUST make us aware of the name of the setting and how frequently your child attends. We reserve the right to not accept a child of a shared setting. During a lockdown scenario we will not allow a shared child into our setting, under these circumstances the parents will need to choose which setting the wish their child to attend. This is in the interest of reducing the R-number and decreasing the risk to pre-school staff and pupils and their extended families and the wider community.
What will happen if a child or an adult shows symptoms of COVD-19 during a session?
If a child or staff member starts to show symptoms of COVID-19 during a session (high temperature; continuous cough; sore throat, loss of taste or smell) we will isolate this individual from the rest of the setting.
Staff members will be asked to leave the premises immediately and go home, where they will be advised to get tested for COVID-19. If their result comes back as negative, they will be able to return to work.
If a child is showing symptoms, they will be removed to the office with a staff member who will put on PPE and contact the child’s parents. The child will stay in the office in the care of this staff member until they are collected by their parents, at which point it will be advised that they are tested for COVID-19. Again, if the child tests negative, they will be able to return to the setting.
Once the affected individual has left the premises, there will be a full clean and PPE will be disposed of safely.
If the individual tests positive, all of the children and staff who have been in contact with that child will be required to self-isolate for 10 days. Other household members of those self-isolating do not need to self-isolate unless the person self-isolating begins to show symptoms.
We would also like you to make you aware of the signs and symptoms of the Kawasaki Disease. This disease seems to have a link with Coronavirus. The characteristic symptoms are a high temperature that lasts for 5 days or more, with:
Please find a link for more information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Kawasaki-disease/
Below are some links to the government guidance for parents regarding early years setting.
Copyright © 2020 Rotherfield Pre-School - All Rights Reserved.
This site is owned and operated by Rotherfield Village Pre-School Limited, a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Rotherfield Village Pre-School, North Street, Rotherfield, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6 3LX. Company number 07856560
Charity No 1148519
All photos are purely illustrative as, due to GDPR we do not use photos of current or past pupils.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder